Sunday, July 8, 2007

Another Resignation

We are officially without a youth minister again. For those of you who weren't there, our youth minister resigned tonight. I think he got a job in Saint Louis. No one else seemed to be all that upset about it. I think it is a rotten deal. He didn't give us any warning. He didn't consider that we might need time to find a replacement. He just got up after the sermon and said that he was resigning. It wasn't even in our regular business meeting. We had to go into a special called meeting to accept his resignation. Someone made a motion that we accept is. I don't think Bro. James expected discussion, but I got up and asked what would happen with our youth group. I asked if they thought it would take another six months to find a youth minister who won't stay more than a year. No one else said anything. I thought about voting against the motion, but I wasn't really against the motion. I'm just afraid of what will happen to our youth group. We've already lost some people because we never do anything.

No comments: