Monday, November 12, 2007

Prayer Boring? I Don't Think So.

Rachel Hauck says that she most often hears people describe prayer as boring. Well I never do and I have never heard anyone describe it that way. I have to wonder what kind of person would think that prayer is boring. Prayer isn’t boring. You try waking up with a train on top of you after praying and see if you think prayer is boring.

So maybe most people don’t end up in a train wreck, but I still don’t see how prayer can be boring. I’ve heard some boring prayers. I once heard a guy pray for ten minutes. That was boring, but when I pray it isn’t boring. What can be boring about talking to God? That’s all prayer is. Does it bore you when spend time talking to your friends? I know that I am never bored with talking my friends. If I get bored with a subject I change the subject. If you are talking to God and it is boring you then change the subject, it is probably boring him too.

God is our heavenly father. He cares for us. He wants to know what is important to us. If we are bored with what we are telling him or what we are asking of him then it probably isn’t important to us. Instead of talking about stuff that isn’t important, talk about the things that are.

1 comment:

Rachel Hauck said...

Nice post. I don't think prayer is boring myself, but it's what I see and hear.

Prayer can be sweet, it can be labor. But, it is talking to our Father- which is always an honor.

Blessings, Rachel